Aero Wall Anti-Draught Ventilators
Combination ventilator sets for background venting and heat producing appliances.
Individual ventilation sets can supply up to a maximum appliance rated input of 28.7 kW (98,000 Btu/h) and are an ideal solution for refurbishment, remedial work and new build.
Aero wall ventilators fully comply with all Gas Board and Building Regulations requirements.
They are aesthetically pleasing and are a simple to install modular system, balanced for both good airflow and acoustic properties, which have been independently tested by BRE.
Combination ventilator sets offer a superior reduction of draughts and light, compared with basic through-wall ventilation.
Cowl or airbrick versions available in terracotta and brown.
Internal open louvre grille is white as standard.
For more information call 01405 765567 Free next day delivery *
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Aesthetically pleasing and a simple to install modular system
- Excellent airflow properties
- Independently tested by BRE
- Offers reduction of draughts and light compared to basic through wall ventilation
- Cowl or air brick version available
- Internal baffle with aerodynamic design improves airflow
- Internal finish with open louvre grille (options with Hit & Miss available to special request, but not suitable for heat producing appliances)
- To provide ventilation for heat producing appliances
- To provide background room ventilation
- Individual ventilation sets can supply up to maximum appliance rated input of 28.7kW (98,000 Btu/h)
- For new build, refurbishment and remedial work
- 9” x 6” Aero Wall Vent With Cowl– ADV96C*- Provides an equivalent area of 10800mm² and each unit is suitable for venting appliances up to 28.7kW (98,000Btu) rated input
- 9” x 6” Aero Wall Vent With Air Brick – ADV96AB* - Provides an equivalent area of 10000mm² and each unit is suitable for venting appliances up to 27kW (92,000Btu) rated input
- 9” x 3” Aero Wall Vent With Air Brick – ADV93AB*- Provides an equivalent area of 5500mm²and each unit is suitable for venting appliances up to 18kW (61,500Btu) rated input
- 9” x 3” Aero Vent With Air Brick/Cowl- ADV93C*- Provides an equivalent area of 5100mm²and each unit is suitable for venting appliances up to 17kW (58,700Btu) rated input
How to Order
- The size and number of anti draught ventilator products required, will be dictated by the requirements of the particular heating appliance, it is strongly recommended that advice is sought from the manufacturer.
- State the correct anti-draught ventilator for the heating appliances to be vented or background ventilation required
- State the required colour of extrnal cowl and/or grille
Through the wall ventilators provide passive ventilation through external walls into habitable rooms.
It is important to differentiate between a ventilator which is required to provide general background ventilation and one which provides air into a room which contains a heat producing appliance, such as a central heating boiler or gas fire.
If only general background ventilation is required, then product selection is less critical.
A habitable room requires a free airflow of 8000mm² in order to comply with Building Regulations.
This can be provided by using two Timloc airbricks complete with cavity sleeves and internal louvred or hit and miss grilles. Alternatively, any one of the anti draught ventilator products can be used
If the room contains a heat producing appliance, the provision of constant and reliable ventilation is vitally important.
The anti draught ventilator products are strongly recommended for this application, as they fully comply with legislation governing gas and heating appliances.
The size and number of anti draught ventilator products required, will be dictated by the requirements of the particular heating appliance, it is strongly recommended that advice is sought from the manufacturer.
General recommendations for the specification and use of through the wall ventilation are:
- Always check that the appropriate size and number of through the wall ventilators are used to suit the application
- Never just fit an airbrick. A cavity sleeve must always be fitted to the back of the airbrick to ensure that the air is transmitted effectively through the wall and into the room
- Hit and miss grilles may only be used for general background ventilation, they must never be used to ventilate any kind of gas or heating appliance
- Ventilators used to provide air for gas or heating appliances must be permanently open, there must be no facility to block or close the ventilator. Also, they must not contain any kind of fine mesh or insect screen
- Through the wall ventilators should always be fitted well above the external ground level, so as to ensure that rain and snow water cannot enter the ventilator
- It is recommended that a section of horizontal cavity tray is installed directly above the through the wall ventilator, so as to prevent water from tracking across the cavity sleeve from the outer leaf to the inside of the building
- In order to help reduce the effect of draughts, it is worth considering positioning the through the wall ventilator close to any heating appliance, rather than at the opposite side of the room, Positioning the ventilator at a higher level, rather than close to the floor will also be of assistance
Regulations and Standards
- Equivalent area tested to BS EN13141-1:2004
- Compliant with BS 5440-2:2009, BS 5871-3:2005 & BS 493:199510
- Complies with Building Regulation Approved Documents F and J (2010 editions)
- Complies with ‘The Scottish Building Standards’ Technical handbooks
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN 14001
- Meets the requirements of British Gas
- Satisfies NHBC Standards
Material and Colour Choice
- Manufactured by injection moulding in HIPS/Polypropylene
- External brick/cowls in brown and terracotta
- UV stabilised cowls and grilles
- Internal grilles are white as standard