Telescopic Underfloor Ventilator and Extension Accessories
Telescopic (adjustable) underfloor ventilator to provide ventilation beneath suspended ground floors (equivalent area of 6000mm²).
Always to be used in conjunction with the Timloc Airbrick (1201AB).
The vertical height of the ventilator unit adjusts to suit between 3 and 5 brick courses (225mm-375mm) with a minimum cavity width of 50mm.
The vertical height of the ventilator unit XL adjusts to suit between 5 and 7 brick courses (375mm-525mm) with a minimum cavity width of 50mm.
Extensive range of quick and easy to fit horizontal and vertical extension accessories (doesn't restrict air flow through the ventilator):
- horizontal front extension sleeve
- vertical extension sleeve
- duct adaptor
- horizontal rear extension sleeve.
- top hat gas barrier
For more information call 01405 765567 Free next day delivery *
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Special grille included to prevent the entry of vermin on telescopic underfloor vent
- Very tough and robust material
- Accessories don't restrict airflow through the main telescopic underfloor vent unit
- Purpose-made accessories eliminate the need for on site modifications
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Material totally resistant to decay
- Standard brick and block constructions
- To be used to provide ventilation below suspended ground floors and should always be used in conjunction with a Timloc Airbrick (1201 AB)
- To provide horizontal or vertical extension to a telescopic underfloor ventilator to accommodate different wall/cavity/brick courses
The NHBC recommend that underfloor ventilators are spaced at a maximum of 2 metre centres, with ventilators also positioned not more than 450mm from the ends of the wall.
As a minimum requirement ventilators should be positioned down two opposite sides of the building to create a cross flow action. We recommend the good practice of positioning underfloor ventilators around the full perimeter of the building.
Telescopic Underfloor Ventilator (1201) - adjustable for a step of 3, 4 or 5 brick courses and presents an equivalent of 6,000mm² per unit.
Telescopic Underfloor Ventilator (1201XL) - fully adjustable telescopic underfloor ventilator that can adjust between 5 to 7 brick courses without the need for additional extension accessories. It is fully compatible with all Timloc airbricks and can utilise existing 1201 extension pieces if required. In addition, the 1201XL comes with a pre-installed grille to prevent vermin entry. The 1201XL is boxed in quantities of 10 and is available from Timloc on our unrivalled next day service and low carriage paid order values.
Horizontal Front Extension (1203) - fits between the airbrick and upper front opening of the telescopic underfloor vent to accommodate external walls of more than 102.5mm thickness - up to 215mm (multiple units can be fitted and trimmed to suit wall thicknesses above this).
Vertical Extension Sleeve (1204) – fits between the upper and lower parts of the telescopic underfloor vent to accommodate a vertical step of more than 5 brick courses (multiple units can be stacked together to achieve required height).
Duct Adaptor (1205) – fits onto the lower rear opening of the telescopic underfloor ventilator to allow a standard 110mm internal diameter soil pipe to be connected (compression fitting may be required).
Horizontal Rear Extension Sleeve Product (1206) – fits into the lower rear opening of the telescopic underfloor ventilator to accommodate cavity widths between 50-150mm – or internal walls of more than 100mm thickness (200mm max.).
Top Hat (77121) - Top hat collar to seal telescopic underfloor vent where gas protection is required
How to Order
- Measure the length of each wall requiring telescopic underfloor ventilators and divide by 2m to establish the quantity required
- Always round up if the calculation does not work out to an exact whole number
- Always use in conjunction with a Timloc airbrick
- The airbrick and upper front opening of the telescopic underfloor ventilator must be positioned above the finished external ground level - usually at the same level as the ground level DPC
- The lower rear opening of the product must project down to the level of the underfloor void and must not be obstructed by the floor construction
- Building Regulations require a free airflow below suspended ground floors of at least 1500mm2 per metre run of wall
- This can be achieved by spacing the ventilators at 4m centres, however, such a wide spacing is not recommended as stagnant air pockets could form in the underfloor void
- Timloc recommend a spacing of not more than 2m centres to comply with NHBC standards
- The NHBC recommend that underfloor ventilators are spaced at a maximum of 2m centres, with ventilators also positioned not more than 450mm from the ends of the wall
- As a minimum requirement ventilators should be positioned down two opposite sides of the building so as to create a cross flow ventilation action
- It is good practice to position ventilators around the full perimeter of the building, particularly with complex building designs
- If the underfloor void is separated by dividing walls, openings must be provided to allow a free flow of air around the underfloor void
- The standard ventilator will fit into a cavity wall with an external leaf of 100-102.5mm, a minimum cavity width of 50mm and a cross cavity of 100mm
- External and internal horizontal extension sleeves are available to accommodate thicker walls or wider cavities
Regulations and Standards
- Satisfies all NHBC Standards
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001
- Complies with all relevant Building Regulations
- Meets all relevant British Standards
- ‘Equivalent Area’ tested by BRE to BS EN 13141-1:2004
Material and Colour Choice
- Manufactured by injection moulding in polypropylene
- 1201 and extension accessories available in black only