Corbel Eaves Vent - 3012
Primary roof ventilators, Corbel Vents are specifically designed for use with corbelled brickwork details and used for roof eaves ventilation on roofs where ventilation equivalent to a continuous 10mm opening is required.
Also for use on roofs where the eaves are finished with corbelled masonry or on roofs which do not incorporate a soffit or fascia board.
Corbel Vents provide ventilation equivalent to a continuous 10mm opening (10,000mm²).
Can be installed without having to drill the brickwork by using the special fixing clips provided and building them into the perp mortar joints.
Supplied in 2.4m lengths with 8 fixing clips per length.
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Efficient, very unobtrusive and easy to fit
- Superior strength construction – will carry the weight of the bottom row of tiles
- Can be installed without having to drill the brickwork by using the special fixing clips provided and building them into the perp mortar joints
- 4mm wide ventilation slots comply with BS 5250:2011
- Durable and totally resistant to decay
- UV stabilised and colourfast material
- Supplied with a set of eight fixing clips per length
- For roof eaves ventilation
- On roofs where ventilation equivalent to a continuous 10mm opening (10,000mm²) is required
- For pitched roofs of 15°> and the roof void is uninhabited loft or attic space
- On roofs where the eaves are finished with corbelled masonry
- On roofs which do not incorporate a soffit board or fascia board
Corbel Vents provide ventilation equivalent to a continuous 10mm opening (10,000mm²) and are used to ventilate pitched roofs of 15°> and the roof void is uninhabited loft or attic space.
Ventilation must be provided for the full length of the eaves and along both sides of the building to create cross flow ventilation action.
How to Order
Measure the overall length of the eaves to be ventilated and divide by 2.4m (product length) to determine the number of ventilators required.
- The corbel ventilator is designed to be fitted at the same time that the corbelled brickwork is completed
- The fixing clips have protruding tabs which are built into the perp. mortar joints on the top row of brickwork
- If the ventilator is not fitted at this time, the fixing clips cannot be used as intended and it will be necessary to drill and plug the brickwork or fit a timber batten on which to fix the ventilator
- Only available as a 10mm continuous opening version. If ventilation is required equivalent to a continuous 25mm opening then an alternative product must be used
- It will be necessary to fit this by drilling and plugging the brickwork or fitting a timber batten on which to fix the ventilator
- It is strongly recommended that a plywood felt support is fitted directly above the corbel ventilator in order to prevent sagging roofing felt from restricting airflow through the ventilator. This should project at least 15mm beyond the front of the ventilator
- Make sure that each ventilator is fixed securely to the top row of corbelling using all 8 of the fixing clips provided
Quality, Regulations and Standards
- 4mm wide ventilation slots comply with BS5250:2011
- Satisfies all NHBC recommendations
- Complies with all relevant Building Regulations and other British Standards
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
Material and Colour Choice
- Manufactured by extrusion in UPVC
- Available in black only