A range of preformed lintel stopends to prevent any water collected on an external steel lintel and running off the end and back into the cavity, as recommended by the NHBC.
6 different stopend profiles to suit varying lintel splay angles for an accurate and guaranteed fit onto the most popular types of steel lintel.
Preformed stopends are far more accurate and reliable than site formed alternatives and ends created through the folding of flexible DPC materials.
The factory fitted butyl mastic seal ensures a secure and watertight bond to the lintel.
Let us do the hard work for you!
Simply enter your cavity tray project details here and we’ll produce your project take off for you – for free.
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Guarantees accurate fit onto lintel
- More reliable protection than site formed methods
- Secure and watertight bond to the lintel
- Manufactured from robust polypropylene
- Long product life span
On steel lintels situated on external walls not exceeding 102.5mm in thickness constructed from:
Two stopends are required per external lintel.
Lintel stopends and over lintel cavity tray systems/DPC work in conjunction with weep holes:
- stopends and trays collect and retain collected over lintel water
- weep holes discharge water back out through the external cavity wall leaf.
Specification and Calculating Quantities
Two stopends are required per lintel.
Please contact the Timloc Technical Team to determine which stopend solution is required for your project from the range of 6 Timloc profiles.
To enable us to identify the required stopend for your project, please provide the following information regarding the steel lintel being used on your project:
- range/model reference
On-site installation and best practice guidance is all part of our service, please don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange a site visit.
- Lintel stopends should be placed directly on top of the front flange of the steel lintel or over –lintel cavity tray/DPC, as close to the ends as the brick bonding will allow.
- The area where the stopends are to be placed must be clean and dry for the butyl seal to bond effectively.
- Weep holes should be positioned at 450mm centres.
- A minimum of 2 weep holes are required per lintel.
- We recommend that weep holes are formed using Timloc’s preformed wall weep vents (1143 range) or concealed tunnel weeps (TW1 range).
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Timloc Technical Team for further advice if there is any doubt regarding installation.
Regulations and Standards
- Satisfies all NHBC recommendations
- Complies with all relevant Building Regulations and British Standards
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
Material and Colour Choice
Available in black only.
Injection moulded manufacturing process in polypropylene:
- robust and strong
- long product life span.