Damp Proof Coursing Accessories
A wide range of preformed accessories to complete damp proof coursing (DPC ) and horizontal cavity tray systems at vulnerable areas such as corners, changes of level and stopends to ensure complete protection from water ingress.
A wide range of standard components, fully compatible with all DPCs, with tailor-made accessories.
Easy to handle, yet extremely durable; preformed cavity tray systems and accessories are an effective method of DPC and present many benefits including consistent and steadfast protection, a quicker and easier installation, reduced cold bridging opportunities and site material waste.
An extensive range of accessories and solutions to complete and fully integrate a cavity tray system including:
- change of level units
- stopend units
- column cloaks
- joint supports
- jointing tape.
For more information call 01405 765567 Free next day delivery *
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Fully compatible with all DPCs
- Ensures complete protection from water and damp ingress
- Time saving one piece seamless mouldings eliminate the need for site fabrication and the errors that can occur through poor workmanship
- Easy to handle, flexible, tough, durable and puncture resistant
- Can be used for multi-storey or high loading applications
- Wide range of standard components with special, tailor-made accessories also readily available
For use wherever DPC is used to form a horizontal cavity tray protection.
For use where a cavity tray must turn the corner of a building.
Change of Level Units
For use where the cavity tray steps up or down along its run.
For sealing off the ends of the cavity tray at its start and finish.
For sealing lapped joints in the DPC or for sealing the DPC on to the accessories.
For fitting below lapped joints in the DPC to provide support and allow the jointing tape to be sealed correctly.
It is very important that lapped joints in cavity tray /DPC systems and accessories are fully sealed with jointing tape.
Wall weeps must always be provided in the face of the wall along the run of the DPC cavity tray. These are essential, as without weeps the water collected by the cavity tray can’t be discharged from within the wall.
It is recommended that wall weeps are spaced every 900mm along the run of the cavity tray system, unless fitted above window/door openings, when the weep spacing should be at 450mm centres with a minimum of 2 (1 each end).
We recommend that purpose made weep holes/weep vents are installed, such as Timloc’s:
- wall weep vents – 1143 range
- concealed tunnel wall weeps – TW1 range.
How To Order
Please state the wall construction, cavity width and the rise which is required across the cavity.
If you require a bespoke preformed cavity tray or DPC accessory unit – please supply a dimensioned sketch detailing your requirements (please see our Upload Your Drawing Facility).
We strongly recommend that customers take advantage of our free of charge cavity tray specification and project take off service.
Our Technical Services Team will be pleased to advise the most suitable products for your project and will prepare a fully itemised schedule of quantities if required.
On-site installation and best practice guidance is all part of our service, please don’t hesitate to contact us for installation advice or to arrange a site visit.
- As with Cavity Trays and DPC, accessories should always be bedded on to fresh mortar - never dry bedded
- The masonry laid over the DPC should also be bedded on to fresh mortar so that the DPC is approximately half way through the thickness of the mortar joint
- DPC must be lapped on to the accessory by a minimum of 100mm
- All lapped joints must be fully sealed with jointing tape
- It is essential that the jointing surfaces are clean and dry or the jointing tape will not seal correctly
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Timloc Technical Team if there is any doubt regarding installation.
Quality, Regulations and Standards
- Satisfies all NHBC requirements
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
- Complies with all relevant Building Regulations
- Meets all relevant British Standards
Materials and Colour
- Moulded in 2.0mm thick medium density polyethylene
- Does not contain any pitch, tar or bitumen
- Available in black only