Purpose Made Cavity Trays
Special made to measure pre-formed cavity tray systems and accessories for wherever DPC is used to form a horizontal cavity tray.
One piece seamless mouldings eliminate the need for on-site fabrication and prevent the errors and DPC failure that can occur through poor workmanship.
Tailor made to order to specifically suit the project requirements for applications such as parapet cavity walls, thresholds and ring beams, that can be difficult and time consuming to site fabricate.
Easy to handle, yet extremely durable; preformed cavity tray systems are an effective method of DPC and present many benefits including consistent and steadfast protection, a quicker and easier installation, reduced cold bridging opportunities and site material waste.
Bespoke cavity trays and accessories are made to order, therefore please contact the Timloc Technical team 01405 765 567 or email@example.com with your project requirements
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Design and manufactured to suit exact application requirements
- Tough and stable DPC method
- Can be time, labour and material saving
- Eliminates on-site fabrication and system failure through poor workmanship
- Does not extrude under high loads
- Easy to handle and tough
- Reduces cold bridging
- Generally doesn’t require cutting into insulation material
- Allows inner and outer wall leafs to be built independently if required
- Isn’t affected by temperatures
- Rigid construction that won’t collapse into cavity
Any application where DPC is used to form a horizontal cavity tray system such as:
- pier, column and corner cloaks
- ring beams
- change of level units
- parapet cavity walls
- stop end and junction cappings
- radius units.
We produce dimensional drawings for all bespoke cavity tray systems, for submission to the client for their approval before manufacture.
Cavity tray systems work in conjunction with weep holes:
- trays collect and retain water inside the cavity wall
- weep holes discharge water back out through the external cavity wall leaf.
Weep holes must be provided in every horizontal cavity tray to comply with Building Regulation requirements.
We recommend that purpose made weep holes/weep vents are installed, such as Timloc’s:
- wall weep vents – 1143 range
- concealed wall weeps – TW1 range.
How to Order
Purpose made cavity trays are designed and manufactured to order, therefore please send us the full construction details, ideally including fully dimensional drawings if available.
We strongly recommend that customers take advantage of our free of charge cavity tray specification and project take off service.
Our Technical Services Team will gladly advise the most suitable project solution and will prepare a fully itemised schedule of quantities if required.
On-site installation and best practice guidance is all part of our service, please don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange a site visit.
As with all DPC systems, purpose made cavity trays should always be bedded onto fresh mortar and never dry bedded.
Masonry laid over the DPC and cavity tray unit should also be bedded onto fresh mortar
- masonry should be approximately half way through the thickness of the mortar joint.
Continuation of DPC must be lapped on the cavity tray unit by a minimum of 100mm.
All lapped joints must be fully sealed with jointing tape.
All jointing surfaces must be clean and dry.
DPC should always be installed to the codes of practice relevant to the project.
Weep holes must be provided in the face of the wall along the cavity tray run to discharge any water collected within the tray system.
We recommend that weep holes are formed using Timloc’s preformed wall weep vents (1143 range) or concealed tunnel weeps (TW1 range).
High quality workmanship, cleanliness and attention to detail are essential with all DPC and cavity tray installations.
If there is any doubt regarding the correct method of installation please don’t hesitate to contact the Timloc Technical Team.
Quality, Regulations and Standards
- Design principles comply with all relevant Building Regulations and Standards
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 quality management system
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 14001 environmental management system
Material and Colour Choice
- Most made to measure cavity tray systems are vacuum or in-line heat formed in 2mm thick medium density polyethylene
- Available in black only