30-minute fire rated cavity closer.
Fire rated barriers for eliminating damp and cold bridging around doors, windows and sills.
- To close the cavity at external doors, window jambs and sills
- To provide thermal insulation and prevent ‘cold bridging’
- To provide a DPC at external doors, window jambs or sills
- 30 minutes fire rating and minimum 15 minutes insulation
- Suitable for cavities up to 300mm
- Suitable for timber and masonry walls
For more information call 01405 765567 Free next day delivery *
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Provides an effective DPC and thermal barrier between frame, inner and outer wall leaf
- Thermal conductivity of 0.036W/mK
- Exceeds the minimum thermal resistance path of 0.45m2K/W stipulated in ‘Part L’ accredited construction details
- Rigid profile extrusion allows both first and second fix
- Suitable for all frame and sill positions (see fig.1)
- Durable and resistant to decay
- Insulation option to suit your requirements both thermal and fire rated
- Global warming potential of zero
- Ozone depletion potential of zero
- Available fully rebated - Check reveal (single flange)
- Independently tested by Warrington Fire
- LABC Registered Detail
- Satisfies NHBC Standards
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
- Complies with Building Regulation Approved Documents C, B, L1 & L2
- Complies with ‘Part L’ accredited construction details
- Complies with the Scottish Building Standards ‘Technical handbook’
- Satisfies BRE document ‘Thermal insulation: avoiding risks’
- Meets all relevant British Standards
Material and colour choice
- Rigid profile extruded in white UPVC
- Supplied in 2.4 metre lengths
- Standard cavity options available 50mm - 300mm
- Rockfibre mineral wool (FR) insulation 0.036W/mk
- Can be used in both first and second fix applications
- Cut the cavity closer into required lengths allowing the jamb section to overlap the sill section and to butt the underside of the lintel
- In first fix application the cavity barrier should be nailed to the jamb/sill of the door or window frame and the whole assembly built in as work proceeds. Alternatively the barrier can be built in sections using fixing ties as work proceeds.
- For second fix applications, the cavity closer is pushed into the open cavity after building work is complete. The compressible nature of the exposed insulation material is used to create a friction fit in the cavity, secure nail fixing is required.
- Joining ‘off cut’ sections should not be carried out for the FR range
How to order
- Establish the cavity width and select the correct cavity closer width, or the next size up to ensure the cavity can be closed
- In jamb and sill applications, first estimate the total length of cavity barrier required, then order the correct number of individual 2.4 metre lengths so no joint pieces
- Fixing ties are available for secure fixing if required (particular attention around door openings). Allow for ties fitted at 450mm centres
BRE Document ‘Thermal insulation: avoiding risks’ and Robust Details stipulate: “When a window or door frame is set back behind the inner face of a dense outer masonry leaf, it should overlap an insulated closer by a minimum of 30mm for BRE exposure zones Sheltered to Severe; but fully rebated (check reveals for zones Very Severe’’ (see
- With reference to insulation, the products in this range do not use, contain or produce Urea Formaldehyde, CFC’s or indeed any of the so called soft CFC’s, ie. HCFC’s & HFA’s. They conform to the Montreal Protocol and have an ozone depletion potential of zero and global warming potential of zero.
Bill of quantity
F30 Accessories/sundry items for brick/block/stone walling
180 | CAVITY CLOSURES FOR CLOSING AROUND WINDOW & DOOR OPENINGS
- To extend not less than 150mm beyond ends of lintels/bridgings.
- Manufacturer: Timloc Building Products, Timloc House, Ozone Park, Howden, East Yorks. DN14 7SD. T: 01405 765 567, W: www.timloc.co.uk
- Reference:…..eg. CC2.4 FR/75 (Thermo-loc FR30, 2.4m, 75mm cavity)
- Accessories: Fixing ties available, 6 No. per 2.4m cavity barrier.