Radiator Pipework Air Barrier and Install Aid - Product code 1115
Timloc’s Radiator Pipework Air Barrier is an effective, easy and quick solution to help reduced air leakage in new homes and the radiator pipework installation process.
It is a purpose designed, face fix unit that provides an air leakage barrier around the point of entry for through wall 10mm plastic radiator pipework.
Quick and easy to install, the air barrier is a mechanically fitted unit that centrally and neatly contains the pipwork during the plastering process and protects the pipework and plaster from direct chafing. It replaces the requirement of electrical back boxes or intumescent foams or sealants; saving mess, materials and cost.
As well as reducing air leakage and helping specifers, housebuilders and installers to achieve Part L's air leakage requirements, it also keeps warm air in and therefore reduces heat loss. It helps deliver comfortable, draught free and energy efficient homes with reduced energy bills.
Free Radiator Pipework Air Barrier BIM and Revit components available.
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Contributes to Part L’s required air leakage performance
- Air permeability measured and verified by BRE at Part L’s 50Pa as:
- 0.24m3 (h.m2) under positive pressure test conditions
- 0.30m3 (h.m2) under negative pressure test conditions
- Centrally and neatly contains the pipework during the plastering process
- Protects the pipework and plaster from direct chafing
- Replaces the requirement of electrical back boxes, intumescent foams or sealants
- Straight forward and quick face fix installation
- Projects by just 5mm from the wall
- Securely positions the pipework into the required direction for connection
- Eliminates pipework kinking
At the point of entry of through wall 10mm plastic radiator pipework.
Within all wall constructions that present a concealed pipe void including:
- studded dry lined walls
- plaster dab solid walls
Accepts routed pipework from:
- ground floor routing
- upper floor routing
- horizontal routing
- Mark the centre of the exit hole with a cross on the wall; approximately 350mm above the floor and central to the final radiator position.
- Secure the pipework with pipe clips approximately 50mm above the marked ‘X’.
- Cut a hole (86-102mm diameter or 90x90mm square) into the plasterboard
- Ensure that the midpoint of the marked ‘X’ is in the centre.
- Feed the pipework loop through the hole and cut into 2 equal lengths.
- Position the unit over the hole and feed the pipework though until the unit is positioned into the hole.
- Mark the 3 screw hole locations onto the plasterboard and withdraw the unit to allow for the wall plug fixing.
- Feed the unit back on the pipework and offer the unit back into the hole - aligning the fixing
- points with the wall plug holes.
- Fully secure the unit by fixing 3 screws into the wall plugs.
Quality, regulations and standards
Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
Helping to meet Building Regulation:
- Document Part L – Conservation of Fuel and Power
- Document Part E – Resistance to Sound
Material and colour
- Main unit body – white Polypropylene
- Gasket seal entry and seals – light grey Thermoplastic Elastomer