Hinged Plastic Loft Access Doors/Hatches
One of the UK’s bestselling plastic loft access door/hatch; Timloc’s hinged 1169 range comes with the assurance of 3rd party air leakage performance testing and confirmation by BRE (Building Research Establishment).
Under positive pressure testing, the insulated loft access door’s air leakage performance, at Building Regulation Part L’s required 50Pa, is an outstanding 0.00m3(h.m2), making this loft access door a must have for today’s new build home market and refurbishment projects.
The loft entry trap’s integral anti-air leakage seal system also acts as a protective barrier to vapor and condensation.
The selection of insulation performance levels of 0.82, 0.35 or 0.25 U Value also help house builders and specifiers further in meeting their project’s specific requirements.
Commended for its neat and simple design, the doors are available featuring either easy twist operated catch releases or secure key lock options – both ensure anti-door uplift.
Insulated hinged loft access hatch and frame sets to provide simple, easy access through ceilings into the loft space.
Suitable for use with 2.4m or 3m telescopic aluminum loft access ladders.
Easy to use, from floor level, and cost effective dedicated loft door operating poles available for this range - to be ordered separately (not suitable for key lock variants).
For more information call 01405 765567 Free next day delivery *
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Zero air leakage performance at 50Pa under positive test conditions
- Helping to achieve Part L’s air leakage requirements
- Clean and simple design to complement most surrounding decors
- Choice of standard .82, .35 and .25 U Value insulation
- Integral anti-draught, vapour and condensation seal protection
- Quick and easy to fit
- Installation ready to install straight from the box
- Lightly textured finish allows for painting if required
- Choice of easy twist operated catches or secure key lock
- Suitable for use with Timloc telescopic loft access ladders
- New build home projects
- Existing home refurbishment jobs
- Ozone depletion potential (ODP) of zero
- Global warming potential (GWP) of less than 5
Quality, standards and regulations
- Can contribute to achieve the Robust Detail requirements
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 (quality) and BS EN ISO 14001 (environmental)
- Helps achieve Building Regulation document L1A & L2A as part of a combined specification
- Meets all relevant British Standards inc. BS5250:2011
- Fully meets with the NHBC’s minimum access opening of 520mm recommendation
Material and colour
- Door/hatch and frame injection moulded in polypropylene
- Hatch and frame supplied in white (RAL 9010)
- Loft ladders are aluminium
- Insulation material is CFC free expanded polystyrene foam
- Product can be painted if required
Care and maintenance
- Clean using a soft cloth with mild detergent
- Spare keys are available upon request for key lock product only