Metal 1 Hour Fire Rated Slim Frame Access Panels- Picture Frame
Multi performance 1 hour fire rated steel access panels to provide access to concealed services and connections for applications where a 1 hour fire rating is required
- fire rating independently tested by Exova Warringtonfire.
Mineral wool insulation, fitted inside the door panel, and draught stripping presents excellent low air, heat and energy leakage and a high acoustic performance.
Visible picture frame smartly conceals cut out edges, as well as contributing to a swift and straight forward installation.
Ideal solution in helping to meet the requirements of:
- Building Regulation Part L – Conservation of Fuel and Power (air leakage)
- Building Regulation Part J’s - Heat Producing Appliances (concealed boiler flue inspection access)
- Building Regulation Part E – Resistance to Sound
Hinged, flush door panels with twist lock or key lock mechanism.
View product range & add to quote
Features & Benefits
- Saves time and money in comparison to site fabricated hatches
- Independently fire rating tested by Exova Warringtonfire
- Mineral wool insulation
- Draught stripped
- 32mm low profile frame ideal for installation with 15mm plaster board
- Flush fitting door panels with excellent aesthetic appearance and finish
- Visible picture frame smartly conceals cut out edges
- Enduring polyester powder coated finish
- Allows for painting if required
- Quick and straightforward to install
- Universal door handling
- Hinged door panel with T-key lock mechanism
- Key lock available upon request
- Quick release door panel mechanism fully removes to the door for maximum access
- Acoustic performance of 33dB (contact the Timloc Technical team for more information)
Ideal for projects with reduced air leakage and/or acoustic performance requirements.
Frequently used applications:
- dry lined walls
- Fire rating: 1 hour
- Acoustic performance: 33dB (please contact the Timloc Technical Team for more information)
- Insulated and draft stripped: Yes
- Insulation spec: Mineral wool (45 kg/m3)
- Closing mechanism: Square T-Key Lock or Key Lock available on request
How to Order
- State which size of panel is required and confirm the hole cutting size
- Establish if the project requires a key or a T-Key lock mechanism
Please contact the Timloc Technical Team for further advice regarding the installation process for any of our products.
- Prepare a clean trimmed opening in the structure 5mm larger than the panel ordered.
- Unlock the door with the key provided, unscrew one pivot hinge pin and remove the door from the frame.
- Offer up the frame and press firmly into place checking it is flush and square.
- Screw fix using suitable fixing screws through pre-drilled holes to all four sides of the frame, follow the in depth guide with fitting instructions are supplied with the product.
Quality and Standards
Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
Helping to meet Building Regulation:
- Document Part J – Concealed Flues in Voids (2010 edition)
- Document Part E – Resistant to Sound (2003 edition)
- Part L1 and L2 – Conservation of Fuel and Power (2013 edition)
- All other relevant regulations and standards
Material and Colour Choice
- Electro galvanised mild steel
- Glass wool insulation (45kg/m3)
- Polyester powder coated smooth finish (20% gloss)
- White – RAL 9016
- Can be painted if required